Monday, March 17, 2008

Thanks to God!


Couple of things, both of which I thank God for...

First, for now, I am pain free! Which is amazing after re-reading my frustrated last post. I don't really have much of an explanation, so I'll just count it as a true blessing!

Second, refers to the picture in this post. On Saturday the 8th, Megan and I had planned on running our 16 miler in O'Leno State Park, reportedly they had a well marked trail system where we could do our long run. Well, upon arriving we studied the map and were a bit confused on the reported trail distances but we ventured into the woods with my 16oz gatorade bottle and 4 gels. Over 3 hours later we made it back to the car as the sun was setting and dark was falling on the park. We got a little lost on the trail, which caused about 15 minutes of panic, because the woods were getting dark and we both have terrible night vision (and of course we weren't wearing our glasses). After about 7 minutes of personal panic, to which I tried to hide from my friend, I prayed for safety and peace.

We also ran 18.5 last Saturday, the 15th. We traveled down to Clermont and ran up the only "mountain" in Florida, Sugarloaf Mountain. To show you how desperate we are to find elevation, we drove 2 hours for a 300 ft. climb. But, not to fear, we found lots of other hills on our route, and were completely exhausted at the end of our 3 hour run!

This weekend we head up to the REAL eastern mountains of Georgia. We are renting a cabin outside Blue Ridge, GA, near the NC border. Elevation here we come, quads get ready!

No comments: