Thursday, February 18, 2010

Conquering the Yassos!

Last night I finished 6 Yassos (over half way to 10!) each 800 in under 3:30!

Five Points 1/2 left my right calf surprisingly sore, that combined with some tummy cramps yesterday made me feel a little unsure about doing Yassos last night. But, I put on my new Florida Track Club singlet and warm-ups and headed for the track.

Did a 15 minute warm-up around campus then came back to the track, stripped down to my shorts and singlet and hit the Yassos. I'm so grateful that I have the opportunity to run on such a wonderful track that is UF's. It's really spoiling that rubber surface and just the atmosphere of the collegiate scene. I love it when the hottie track stars (God their strides are BEAUTIFUL, I seriously fall in love!!) are there running in Lane 1, always Lane 1, it makes me feel a part of something.

I remember the first time I attempted the Yassos and only did 3, and on the last one I totally tanked. Last night I felt like I could have done 7 or 8 or 9 or more, which was really encouraging. Each week I think about my Vancouver running buddy Laura who has already gotten up to 8 or 9, it keeps me going knowing I need to keep up with her. The weekend before Five Points Laura ran a 1/2 Marathon in San Fransisco, her time was 1 second faster than mine! I LOVE the fact that we are running on opposite coasts using the same training plan and seeing the same results. It's truly amazing how the human body responds!

Tonight I'm heading out to run with the Florida Track Club for a hilly route, I'm so happy I've slid into the Gainesville running community recently. Fit, encouraging, fun, positive people. Runners rule!

No comments: