Friday, December 11, 2009

Dirt Roads

Someday I will post pictures of my routine running route. Sometimes I don't feel the energy to look out over the fields and take it all in, but the days I do I'm so grateful for the serenity of my dirt road running.

Today I went for a 45 minute run with some 100 meter strides in the middle. Just a quick out and back. Great run. Nice and cool, in the 40s. I had this revelation as I was running an 8:00 pace, jamming out to Kelly Clarkson (oh yeah!), that I was so fulfilled. There is a huge divide within me of wanting peace and nature and calm, and then needing that high energy intensity. For 45 minutes I get to have both. The vastness of the fields and sky met by the hard physical exertion with the soudtrack of anger and energy sums up this world to me.

So I'm going to claim that I AM fun, and I need both things, both extremes of calm and passion. I like that.

No comments: