Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Generosity

I am starting to see the effects of generous friends and family. I sent out my fundraising letters for Hope Runs last Monday and barely a week later we have raised $200! A feeling I can't quite describe comes over me each time I receive a check in the mail or an email telling me of a new online donation. I think it has something to do with the original feelings of trepidation when sending out the fundraising letters wondering what people will think when they read my request for money. But, then I receive a donation and I am reminded that it completely is not about me, it is about the kids at Tumaini, Huruma, and Shamba. I'm so overjoyed when I realize that the givers have looked passed the bumbling words of the messenger and seen the message.

So, thank you all who have taken the time to visit this site or have given to the children touched by Hope Runs. Bless you. "Do your little bit of good where you are; its those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world." -Desmond Tutu

No comments: