Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Hello Tumaini!


Welcome to my blog, friends!

My hope is that this will be a place for me to post updates on my running and life as I get closer and closer to crossing the finish line of the Big Sur International Marathon on April 27, 2008 for the kids of Tumaini Children's Home in Kenya.

So, hello kids and everyone else at Tumaini!
My name is Kim Moore, I am 27 years old (turning 28 on February 26th!) and I am training to run my 3rd and most challenging marathon. You all are my inspiration, and help me get out of bed to run when I might not feel like it! So, thank you all!

A little about me...
I live in Florida which is one of the most southern states in the USA. It gets pretty hot here, but this is a great time of year to run, because the temperatures are still enjoyable. I live on 5 acres of land in a little house with my husband Bill. We have lots of animals; two dogs, two cats, 6 chickens and 4 goats. We love them all very much and we are very grateful for our lives.

During the day I am mostly at home, tending to things around the house, gardening, and taking care of the animals. I love vegetable gardening, visiting with friends, reading, and of course running. I never ran much growing up, but I always was playing sports, my favorite was soccer (also known as football). My husband, Bill, is my best friend, and even though he doesn't run long distances with me, he is my biggest supporter. My dog Tucker is my very best running partner, he can run up to 7 miles, without breaking a sweat!

I am going to be running the Big Sur Marathon with 2 friends, Megan and Laura. Megan lives near me in Florida but our friend Laura lives about 3,500 miles away in Palo Alto, California, which is very close to where the our marathon is. I am so excited to share this experience with them, this is Megan's 1st marathon and it's Laura's 2nd.

I'll be sure to post pictures and running updates as I go! I am working on my letter to send out to friends and family telling all about Hope Runs and Tumaini.

Tonight I'll be running for 40 minutes doing hill training. Since we don't have a lot of hills in Florida, I am going with my friend Megan to the football stadium, where the University of Florida Gators play, and we are going to run up and down these steep ramps! Doesn't that sound fun! I'll be thinking of you all!

Keep learning... keep running... keep praying
Much love. Kim.

No comments: