Saturday, February 16, 2008

Yes, I'm that tall...


Well, I forgot, yet again to take a picture before our Saturday run. I must get major morning brain or something! I can't believe I always forget my camera. My apologies.

The picture you see, is of Jacque and I after the Charlotte 1/2 Marathon in North Carolina. It was this past December. This morning Jacque and I ran 12 miles which is our last run before the Gainesville 1/2 Marathon next weekend. For those of you who don't know, I am the REALLY tall girl on the left! Yes, I'm really that tall, just over 6 feet actually.

Our run was nice. It started warming up towards the end and now it has turned out to be quite a warm day. Florida weather is strange. My last post I was sad about the hard freeze and today I am in shorts and a tank top! So silly.

Unfortunately my right knee is really bothering me. I'll be icing tonight and might take a few days off next week and swim and/or bike instead. I know it's just a little inflammation, and it will subside if I let it rest and ice like I should be. I might even treat myself to a leg massage to loosen up all the kinks... as I write that I realize how inappropriate that is, saying I'll treat myself, because if any of you reading this have ever experienced a deep tissue athletic massage, you know it brings tears!

Well, off to the garden, time to replant my veggies!

No comments: